Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My First Experience With IVIG

On Monday, May 2, 2011 - Treatment Day

After being sick for so long I am so very anxious to feel better.

I have read a lot of forums and the first thing everyone says is to drink lots of water (I did that!) and to avoid caffeine - a little harder to do since I love coffee, but I avoided this to make the treatment smoother.

My infusion started at 9:30 am with Benedryl and then the IVIG. I did not experience any headaches or nausea while I was at the doctors. I was pretty sleepy though and slept off and on while the treatment was being administered. The tiredness continued into the evening and I slept fair that night.


Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - The Day After Treatment! Not A Fun Day!

I had the worst headache of my life with nausea and aches to follow. It was not a good day! :-(  I felt like my head was going to explode! BOOM! I tried to drink coffee to see if  part of my headache was due to no caffeine, but soon found out that was not the case. I have missed so much work already - I was disappointed I could not work today. With that major headache it would have been impossible to concentrate no matter how hard I tried.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - The 3rd Day After Treatment - Things Are Looking Up! :-)

My headache is much better, just lingering now and balance seems to be a tiny bit off. LOL! I feel more like myself today! (I'm back! :-D) I am less fatigued and no nausea at all today! Woot! Woot! I will continue to drinking lots of water. I took one more day off work to give myself the extra boost.

I want to thank everyone for all the help and understanding the last few days. I hope these infusions get easier and easier as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment